Saturday, June 4, 2011

Postcards for You & a New Bureau for Me

Happy Saturday my friends.  I wanted to share with you this morning a lovely pine bureau that my husband refinished for me.  He recently brought it into the house and I put it in my dining room.  You might think that's a strange place to put a bureau, but for me it makes perfect sense.  I just love it when I have an empty space, waiting for me to decide what will occupy it.  

I don't have a "before" picture, but if I did, you'd be quite surprised at how much better it looks.  It's actually been in my house for a week and the bottom drawer is STILL empty.  That's unusual for me.



Congratulations to Sheila A. for being the winner of my Friday Blog Giveaway.  Sheila, please contact me with your mailing address.  Thanks.

I've picked out a couple of pretty floral vintage postcards for you today.  I hope you enjoy them.   The purple pansies on this first postcard seem as if you could feel the velvet of the petals. 

Free Vintage Postcard Image
Who wouldn't enjoy a basket of pink roses for their birthday.  Aren't these so beautiful? 
Free Vintage Postcard Image

Free Pink Roses Image
Thanks for stopping by and visiting today.  Have a blessed weekend.

Every word of God is flawless;
   he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. 
Proverbs 30:5

4 comments:

  1. The pansy card brought a tear to my eye. A few years ago we threw a hugs birthday party for my mom when she turned 80. We used pansies for invites, decorations, etc. Mom had never had birthdy parties as a kid as she lived wait out on a farm. She loved it and talked about it all the time. We lost her suddenly only 4 months later and I am so happy we had that big party for her. Thanks for the fond memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say the bureau is gorgeous and fits perfectly there. Your H did an awesome job. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely piece! How nice of your sweetie to do that for you. I love the images, and I have a project that I plan to use the roses basket in. thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful piece! Your husband did a great job on it. Empty drawer...HOW? lol

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.